1:30pm – 3:00pm, Thursdays (Chifley)
Chifley: Warehouse Circus Training Space, Chifley Health and Wellbeing Hub, 4/70 MacLaurin Crescent, Chifley ACT 2606.
$245 per term (2020)
Family Discounts available. Fees pro-rated for mid-term enrolments.
After a successful pilot in Term 3, we are extending this to a full 10-week program. This class is open to anyone between the age of 5 and 17 and will include a range of circus skills including tumbling, trampoline, hula hooping, juggling, diabolo, staff and plate spinning, poi twirling, unicycle, and basic aerial like trapeze and tissu. The class will be designed to assist in the development of core strength, co-ordination and body awareness. This program is a great way to encourage young people to become active and learn about their body’s potential, setting up the foundations for a healthy, active life from the very beginning! Participants also learn to socialise with a range of peers, gaining confidence and challenging themselves in a way that is safe and fun!
Benefits for participants:
- Physical engagement, strength and fitness
- Mobility, coordination, balance, hand-eye coordination, gross and fine motor skills
- Visual, spatial and biological awareness
- Problem solving and perseverance
- Self-confidence and motivation to become more engaged in other social/community activities
- Social engagement and team work
Queries? Please call 02 6260 3626 or send us a Program Enquiry